Chandigarh parks will be open for early morning walkers. The UT Administration has agreed to keep parks open for morning walkers in the city from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., easing restrictions even more.
In response to an increase in covid cases, the UT Administration has implemented new regulations, which went into effect at 5 p.m. today and will last seven days.
When asked about the motivation behind the Chandigarh parks’ development, UT Adviser Manoj Parida said, “Many health-conscious people want to improve immunity by doing morning exercise.” We have aided the community by providing them with an opportunity. It is preferable to make it legal rather than have people do it illegally before they obey the Covid protocol.”
However, he said that Sukhna Lake will not be open to morning walkers because a large number of tourists might congregate there and violate Covid guidelines. Other Chandigarh parks will be available for morning walks.
To prevent the virus from spreading further, the UT Administration agreed to impose restricted restrictive measures in the region. However, the night curfew will remain in effect from 6 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day, as will the overall weekend curfew on Saturday and Sunday.
The Administration has also agreed to close all Sampark centres in the city until May 11, as well as the Estate Office and the Registering and Licensing Authority (RLA).
Daytime restrictions due to covid will be in effect until 5 a.m. till May 11th.
What has been closed?
- Any store that sells non-essentials
- Sampark centers are open until May 11th, Estate Offices are open until May 8th, and RLA is open until May 8th.
- Cinemas, gyms, spas, bars, and swimming pools
- Complexes for sports
- Social, educational, sporting, and political gatherings are prohibited.
- Sukhna Lake, the Rock Garden, museums, and libraries are all nearby.
- Schools, schools, and training facilities
- The government offices will close at 5 p.m.
- Milk, bread, vegetables, fruits, dairy products, eggs, poultry, and groceries stores, bakeries, opticians, and mobile repair shops
- Hotels, takeaway restaurants, and home delivery services
- Every government agency and bank
- Public transportation
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and laboratories are all examples of healthcare facilities due to covid.
- Wedding receptions limits to 50 people.
- With a group of 20 people, cremation, or funeral services.
- Vehicle movement will be available throughout the day.
- Industry of manufacture
- Street vendors selling necessities