Recently, lockdown 4.0 in Chandigarh has bought many updates in the rules and regulations along with some relaxations. The government made an extension of lockdown till May 31. Lockdown has been the most unexpected phase of our lives and all of us had been waiting for some relaxation by the government. There had been an imposition of three lockdowns till now due to COVID-19.
Under the new guidelines, the authorities made additions to the categorization of hotspots and containment zones. A new category has been added as a “buffer zone” is an area where the chances of new cases are high and more caution is required.
According to the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs(MHA) for Nationwide lockdown, some activities will remain prohibited throughout the country.
The number of patients in Chandigarh is not at a pace these days. However, after 4 days without any new cases, 5 new cases have been reported. The number of patients in Mohali is stagnant. The number of new patients in Panchkula has declined. There is an increase in the recovery rates of the patients of coronavirus in the Tricity.
In Chandigarh, some activities permitted to resume with some rules under the guidelines by MHA whereas some of them are still prohibited.
- Transportation is allowed to operate with a specific percentage capacity and seating arrangements. The CTU buses are ordered to supply essentials only in containment zones and such supplies in all other areas are to be suspended. The allowance of auto-rickshaws with only one passenger is being considered.
- The main road markets like sector-17 and electronics market are under consideration whereas rehri markets are questionable, it would be a challenge to maintain social distancing.
- As per the instructions by the Center, the States have the discretion to open hotels and restaurants and ensure social distancing.
- The vulnerable persons above 65 years of age, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years are permitted to go out for essential and health purposes only.
- The individuals are not permitted to step out from 7.00 pm to 7.00 am. The local authorities are to ensure strict compliance of the rules and in case of breach they can take actions under Section 144 of CrPC.
- Marriage gathering is allowed with a maximum of 50 guests and strict social distancing.
- Funeral gatherings are to be done with a maximum of 20 attendees and strict social distancing.
- Both domestic and international commercial passenger flights are prohibited.
- All the educational institutions including colleges, schools, training and coaching centers are to be closed.
- Hospitality services like hotels and restaurants are not permitted, except canteens in bus terminals, railway stations and airports.
- Cinemas, shopping malls, gym, parks, clubs and other public places for entertainment are not permitted.
- The access to religious and worship places are not to be opened anytime soon.
- Salons are to be stay closed till further orders.
What’s new in Lockdown 4.0 in Chandigarh?
There are some changes in the list of permitted activities under new guidelines in lockdown 4.0 in Chandigarh.
- The sports complexes and stadiums are to open for sports activities however, spectators are not allowed yet.
- With all the necessary precautions, the restaurants are to operate their kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- The inter-state movement of vehicles is to be permitted by concerned States/UTs.
- The market is to be opened strictly according to the timings.
- Social distancing must be followed by the shop keepers; not more than five persons are to be allowed in the shop at a time.
Do check how 79 year old woman beats coronavirus in Chandigarh
Follow us on Instagram